Thursday 6 April 2017

6.4.17

Howdy folks,

another day of drying! My little shop is getting better. If all goes well, I will re-open as usual next Tuesday.

I have quite a few completed repairs that are ready for you to pick up - I'll call you next week and let you know that they're back in the shop and ready to collect. I also have repairs that I haven't had the chance to complete yet. I'll get the short-term ones done over the next week or so. As the renovations take place at my shop (thankfully at my landlord's expense!), I may have to take a few days off here and there, which will give me time to work on the longer-term jobs I've had on the boil for a while.

It's all going to shake down nicely, eventually.

I've had lots and lots of calls and emails. Thank you every one of you so much for your support, and best wishes also those of you who have have been tangled up with your own strife, or who thought it best to leave me alone for a while until it all got sorted.

Hope you all made it through ok.

I walked around town again today, and spoke to lots of folk that I know. Remarkably, perhaps 20% - 25% of shops are open and trading again, at least in some way. And most of the others are still cleaning out and re-configuring and hoping to be operating next week! If you have seen the size of this disaster in person, you will know how amazing these numbers are. Lismore looked like Pompeii (ok, without the lava) on Sunday.

Sadly, there are some shops that are closed, shuttered, and look like the owners may have just walked away. But on balance, the town looks like it will get back on it's proverbial feet pretty soon.

The North will rise again!!

At the weekend, when I have a bit more time, I'll post a few photos.

Keep tuned to this station!

Andrew