Tuesday 2 June 2020


Hi everyone,

strange days continue...!

April, which went by under the heavy restrictions, was quiet as far as in-coming work was concerned. I caught up on a lot of the backlog of repairs, but mainly just the regular weekly and fortnightly stuff.

When the virus hit, it seemed  as if we'd all be locked away for a few months.  A hassle for almost everyone, but an opportunity for me to get a lot of the long-term repairs and restorations done!

Strangely, it didn't work out like that. Aargh!

As soon as dear Gladys announced that restrictions would be lifted in May, it was like a switch was thrown.  A LOT or work came in! Chaos! I am more-or-less back on the usual schedule for the week-by-week stuff such as set-ups, wiring etc.; but still rather swamped by the long-term bigger jobs.

I have the shop open on Tuesdays and Thursdays 1.00-pm - 5.00pm at the moment, but will re-instate Fridays soon as well. I/m keeping Fridays for the moment as an extra workshop day to catch up on the backlog!

Keep well everyone, my next post will have a bunch of interesting facts and figures, stories and anecdotal stuff for you to dwell upon!