Sunday 7 June 2020

Hi Everyone,

from this week on I will have my shop open regular hours - 1.00pm - 5.00pm Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. So effectively back to "normal".

In accordance with the ongoing medical situation I ask everyone to follow advised protocols, and as my shop is a small space, in accordance with the 4sqm rule, my shop is open to no more than two customers at a time. Please don't be offended if I ask you to wait in the corridor for a minute or two.

Strange days indeed. But regardless of this, I am back to normal trading.

Everything (ok, almost everything) is how it was before COVID19. Some parts supplies have been interrupted, especially those from the US, but this should shake down over the next few weeks.

Biggest problem is that most small parcel freight always came via passenger flights (ie: the 300 people in the passenger section subsidized the parcels downstairs) and this clearly isn't happening at the moment, so small freight has to wait until it can be added to BIG freight shipments. This is going to both slow down, and increase cost, of small parcel freight.

I have trade deals with the Australian distributors, as well as several of the US ones, and should be able to keep most supply lines open.. The plummeting dollar, as well as the restricted supply, might make some things a little more expensive - but an extra five dollars on the cost of a CRL switch shouldn't be too much to bear.

I will keep you all informed as best as I can.

AK