Monday 19 July 2021

Hi Everyone,

Lisa is recovering and doesn't need me to be around all the time any more. She is still far from fully recovered, but things are looking positive.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, please read the previous entry in this journal.

So the plan is to re-open the shop next week (from Tuesday 27th July).

I have a shop full of completed repairs (!) and will be calling people next week to advise that their guitars are ready to collect.

If you read this, and you are thinking about bringing some guitars in for me to fix, could I please ask you to hold off for a week or so - I was in the shop this morning and, to be honest, it's full! It will take me a week or so to ship out the completed repairs before I can ship in some new ones. Thanks for this.

My plan is for the shop, and all incoming and outgoing repairs, to be back to normal (or what passes for "normal" in a busy repair shop) next week, or at the latest the following week.

This has been a particularly weird and trying time for Lisa and me, and it's still ongoing until she is fully recovered. I'm sure that you will respect this.

To all of you who expected me to be there to fix your guitars as I always have, I thank you for your patience and understanding. I know that rocking up to a shop and finding a "closed" sign is never a happy meal.

But we seem to be drifting onto the sunny side of this particular dark alley.

Thank you all again for your good-wishes and understanding.

Strange days!

Andrew